Amethyst in Chennai

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Its been a crazy month- full of family, friends and fun. And a couple of really interesting projects all of which I'm itching to share with you. Its also taking me a bit of time to get used to my new, fluid, no rules schedule. For now I'm taking it easy and one day at a time. My recent visit to Chennai saw me in some really nice & interesting places. Here are some quick snapshots of a beautiful balmy evening spent in Amethyst, a stately old colonial house that serves up a coffee shop-restaurant, exotic boutique and a flower shop in its lush precincts. Go here when you have time and you want to spend it well with good friends. I loved the checkered floor, the tall pillars and the taller slatted doors topped with intricate stained glass work.

The 1st view of the Amethyst from the driveway seduces you with its shimmering lights in the foyer

You enter the lobby, lit with pretty Christmas lights
Old world charms at its best
One of a kind objects d'art dot the place
Love the slatted doors
Intricate stainted glass above the door


They have a cute little flower shop!
Pretty garden lights
In the main hall antique furniture sits prettily on the checkered floor

The main hall leads to the Antique furniture store on the 1st floor

These Chest of drawers really were my favourite
And at this point a young bell boy was sent after me requesting me to not photograph the furniture section. So here's where the goodies end, but if you are in Chennai, don't forget to spend a quiet afternoon in this charming place which has much to offer. And their boutique has some really neat clothes, jewellery and decor accessories. Its an absolute must see.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images