Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gillian Da Silva's new blog banner

I'm so excited to share with you this new Banner design- not mine, but a new design I did for the charming Gillian Da Silva of The Dreaming Press fame. I did a couple of options, but the last one did it for me :) I love it & almost wish I'd done it for myself. I've known Gillian since I started blogging 2 years back & it was such a beautiful surpise when she commissioned me to design her blog banner.
I first used a vintage map as a background cause Gillian loves to travel.
Then tried some font options

And finally settled on this simpler by way cooler version- I've still included a bit of the border of the map because I didn't want to ditch it altogether. Go check her blog guys, its full of well written humour, charm and Gillian's beautiful photography.

13 comments:

Meera Vasudev Srinivasan said...

Nice! I love all three! especially the lines radiating from the the north point on the second one! Very cool work!

Meera Vasudev Srinivasan said...

oh and I have been meaning to say this for a while, but I really like the artnlight blog banner too! its got so much variety yet put together so well!

anushka said...

WOW !Jahapanah Tusi Great ho!Tohafa Kubool Karo....

Lakshmi said...

This one's nice. But I liked the first one better.

Bronwyn said...

a beautiful banner, it's fun to see the progress of the idea, thanks for sharing, i love your colour sense!

Gillian said...

Vineeta I'm IN LOVE with it...thank you so much! You do excellent work. I'm super happy with it!!
You made it very personal to me and I really appreciate that. Love what you do, always! So creative you are. Thank you again!
xoxox

Christina said...

oh, you do beautiful work! bliss!
xo

Sherry said...

Your own banner is beautiful...Gillian pointed us over here and I'm glad she did. You created something amazing that is so VERY Gillian with that banner@

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... love the concept of a map in the back-ground!

Divya

Dithi said...

Love the final design Vineeta, bravo! The little bird illustration and the bright purplish blob of colour with that text in handwriting looks super! I really admire your sense of design and brilliant execution! I feel happy to see you doing your own thing now and I can imagine how enjoyable and fulfilling it must be. Keep doing the great work that you're doing, best wishes for the future! -dee-

christy said...

Seeing the process of how you get to the final design is so interesting! It would be fun to see you share your other work like this too - maybe you could show how you developed your new header? (hint, hint) :-)

Madhu Nair said...

Great work - stumbled upon your blog while reading up on 'people living their passion' on the net.
Cheers,
Madhu
http://10yearitch.com

Gillian said...

I'm redesigning my blog currently and in the meantime my template is very basic. When it goes back up it will include the banner you designed again, only everything else will match it better!!!
I just want you to know since perhaps your readers will click through and wonder where it is. xoxo Love you....LOVE my banner!!! xoxo