Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A mood board for 'artnlight'

I have to share with you this new news- which is that I'm taking an e-course on blogging by my most favourite blogger and author of the iconic decor8. Holly is the person because of whom this blog exists and I have always been amazed by how she does what she does. Like I know that for me, much though I love blogging, there are times when I just dont have the time or the energy & truth be told even the inclination to blog. So when she announced the "Blogging Your way ecourse" I knew I'd sign up. Here is a woman who posts daily atleast twice and never once does she flag, no post seems just a quick thoughtless filler. And she always sounds like she speaks to me. How does someone pull this off 365 days of the year? I had to know. And the time seemed just right, I've quit my full time job to do what I love doing & blogging is one of them. And how the hell does an ecourse work??!! I had to know. And I will tell you this- this ecourse so far has been fully paisa wasool (meaning worth every penny) :)
And today I want to share with all of you one exercise which we've been told to do- create a mood board for your blog. Wow. the 1st mood board I ever created was for a competition Holly ran on her blog much before I started blogging. (You can see it here) And this is the second mood board I've made. This time for 'artnlight' the way I see it and what it stands for. It was really challenging. Cause I never went about this blog with any foresight or planning. And to think about what I want this blog to be therefore what pictures should go into this moodboard has been challenging to put it mildly. But I just pulled out images which anyway appealed to me, some of my design post cards, and things lying around at home & put this together. I think unwittingly it speaks of what this blog is about and what I am about.

I got so excited when I saw "world design meets India" put it in the center and my fav designs- "the world belongs to optimists" and "Doing the best in this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment" I've never said this - but this blog along with being about eyecandy is really about inspiration. I write this blog because I feel inspired to & if it in turn can inspire other person- what more can I ask for?

This one isn't the best picture, but this is how it looks in totality. Full colour kitschy and bright.
I'd happily keep each and every one of those cushions at home & those little blue birds are such beauties. One of my vintage car coasters.
Rajasthan love, a buddha head, a Jaipur blue pottery coaster and a kerala mural art paper weight.
I LOVED this silver and jewellery part, next to 'Abundance'. It was funny- though I dont feature much of jewellery on this blog- this was soo beautiful to edit out. I cut them up carefully from this Vogue I had lying at home & arranged it around this old invitation to an exhibition which I'd saved from a while ago. The word you see in orange is actually "warm" & not warn ;) An little Indian elephant on a metal engraved lid.
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" And this book-'In Indian culture Why do we (do what we do) is a most interesting book which I will blog about soon (before returning it to its rightful owner)
So that was my moodboard which I had a ball putting together- along with some anxious moments of 'this is not coming together well at all!' But I really love the way the colours look :)
If you havent considered doing a mood board for your blog- do try it. Its a great exercise & very insightful to see how you gravitate to a certain style & certain images.

31 comments:

deepazartz said...

Isn't this just Amazing!!! Many a times one is inspired, one wants n wishes to write/express so many ideas and facts and feelings but one feels lost. At times it just pours out...explodes.

The pictures...each one is so apt and so beautifully picked. Love the details.

Do drop in at my place at your leisure...
With warm regds
Deepa
Gorgeous...love the arrangements. The wires and bottles and the shades are all too good.
A nice place to be:)

Warm Regds
Deepa
http://www.deepazworld.blogspot.com/

Ani Tashjian said...

Very, very nice. Beautiful, rich colors. I love the different reds and turquoise. It's really representative of your blog too. And I love the circles and rectangles. Great job!

indian yarn said...

i think one of the best things on your blog ( apart from introducing us to others ) is your creativity.

your posters with words - it will brighten any part of a room and talk to the soul - isn't that what art is supposed to do. may be you should also open an etsy shop

Wini said...

Hi Vineeta, your mood board is so beautiful!! I love the colour, images, text & rich details. I also love your stunning blog and your aesthetic! Great to hear that you're getting so much out of the course. See you in class! Wini (BYW)

Laura Gaskill said...

Gorgeous inspiration board & inspiring words as well! I love the colors, the mood, the textures... I'm visiting from BYW, and also just wanted to say what a lovely blog you have! I will definitely be visiting again :)

flowing moments said...

oh, your board is so rich not only with the colours you have chosen but with the many gems you are sowing here and there ... I am curious about the book "why we do" and cannot wait to find out more ... and you have taken the time to write so well about the exercise :)

Kristi said...

Love your inspiration board! It's beautiful and full of life and color. It was a fun and meaningful exercise wasn't it? Thanks for stopping by. ♥

Fernanda R. Lima said...

Hi Vineeta,

This board looks incredible!! Love it!
Good luck on this e-course!

All my best!

Fernanda

Shay ~Designer Junk Finder said...

Your mood board has great energy and flow.**Thought provoking.**
I am learning a lot in the BYW class,loving it.Holly is so generous with very useful information.
Shay

Cara said...

Oooh! I love the bright colors you've chosen to incorporate. They work so well together.
You've definitely inspired me. "The world belongs to optimists". love it!
Great job!

ArtPropelled said...

Vineeta, your blog certainly inspires me. I love your mood board which is packed with information and the lovely warm colours are inviting.

paola: mirrormirror said...

Lovely! Aqua and red is one of my very, very favourite colour combinations...

Dithi said...

Love everything about this mood-board Vineeta! It is SO you and SO artnlight! I think that the e-course is a great idea; thank you for sharing this with us. Your blog is indeed an inspiration for so many of us. I wish you all the very best!

Joselyn said...

Love the colors especially the pops of turquoise. The "Doing your best" quote is awesome. Nice job! I added you to my Google page so I will be visiting often.

Miss B said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL job! Such a reflection of you, I just love it!

Piggy Little said...

really gorgeous :)

Gunjan Pai said...

way to go vin:)rockstar

bhumika said...

Vinee, even if this mood board was featured on some other blog, the first thing that would come to my mind would be - this is so you :)That's the beauty of this piece of art. It has brought together everything that this blog stands for - beauty, inspiration, an array of colours and a lot of warmth.

kudos to you! would love to make one for my blog too. and yes, surely give us more exercises to explore our creativity! :)

vineeta said...

Deepa, thanx for your appreciation!

Indian yarn, you've made my day :)

And Thanx all of you from BYW for saying all these nice things about the moodboard! I was totally inspired by all of you!

Fernanda, thanx!

Robyn, we are a mutual admiration society :)

Dithi, you are an inspiration to me- I just love your work & you know that.

Gunj- I'm so happy to see u here ;)
Bhumika, Be sure to mail me a link of your blog inspiration board when you make one- would love to see it!

Veda Murthy said...

this moodboard is fantastic vineeta! its so artnlight! and clearly describes how colorful, bright n beautiful just the way u r! keep it up! the ecourse is such a fab idea!

Shruti said...

Wow,Superb vinchi!!!Its really fabulous.The brightness is really awesome.Looking forward to ur further interesting mood boards.Keep doing & keep posting.Love u. :-))

Arch at Rang said...

Very cool Vineeta:-)

All the best with your e-course!

I have always liked your layering, graphic work and I still remember the mood board you had posted initially when you started art n light:-)

Arch

kendalee said...

Oh my, there isn't a thing about this that doesn't make me smile with delight - the colours, the textures, the words, and motifs are all gorgeous but what I like most is how it all works together to create the sense of a place that I would like to inhabit! Absolutely beautiful.

Renee said...

What an amazing inspiration board - all of your details are absolutely beautiful. From one fellow BYW student to another - fabulous!

frauheuberg said...

its so wonderful...the colours and your little tiny details...and this book sounds so interesting..í´m looking forward to the post about it in the future...no, its really, really exciting to discover this lovley work...very well done...thanks for sharing...fine to meet you and your blog...cheers ines

Melissa A. @ Design Delights said...

Great mood board. I found your blog here on Lolalina. I took the first BYW class and it was well worth it too.

Meera Vasudev Srinivasan said...

Wow! this is really beautiful and inspiring...really does help put things in perspective doesn't it?!

christy said...

Oh I love the quote "Doing the best in this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment"! I see you also were drawn to the blue & red combo as was I when I put my moodboard together. Vineeta I just have to say how much I enjoy visiting your blog :-)

rukhsana said...

Your blog is amazing and I can see by your mood board that it is going to get better. It feels like walking through a beautiful home, I am drawn to explore each nook and corner in hope of revealing other treasures...Keep up the good work!

TC
Rukhsana
http://rukhsanabadar.blogspot.com/

Aquin Dennison-Mathew said...

Very inspiring. It had such a profound impact on me. I thought about it all evening and fell asleep with your mood board images swimming in my mind. After 30+ years I finally given into realsing that visual imagery moves me more than just words. And your mood board just crsytallised that for me. I want to make your mood board mine! I may just download it and put it as my desktop. Keep this blog going.

- Aquin

RepublicOfChic said...

I love love love this. Esp the fonts in World design meets India.

Much Admiration. Such an inspiring montage :)