Art&Light Crockery, PostCard Series

Friday, February 10, 2017

In these days of instant communication with whatsapp, skype, google duo and many such similar technologies that make our lives so much easier, we've all but forgotten the charms of receiving a handwritten postcard, from another state, from a different country, from a pen-pal, from a cousin, a friend, a lover, a parent. How we waited for the postman and how much excitement an inland or a handwritten letter brought. I remember when I was studying here in Bombay, during my school and college days, I used to write to my family almost everyday, little anecdotes, what happened in class, what the teacher said, my latest sketch or skit, the idiosyncrasies of a close friend, everything described vividly, and at the end of the week, I would staple it all and mail it to my family. I imagined them laughing over it. I come from a generation when I was given a small amount of pocket money and an std call across states was not something to be indulged in daily. So after a week of posting my latest "mini book" the next call was about cracking up about the written letter and its contents. Always with one eye on the little meter in the booth that told you how much your call is costing you.
This design is dedicated to all those letters and postcards and slow mail which we lovingly wrote to our loved ones. It is dedicated to all those letters that will remain unwritten, it is dedicated to the act of handwriting and to the craft of writing, it is dedicated to the lovers of long hand and old school and fountain pens. It is dedicated to a time when communication merited the time and effort taken to write, then stamp and post, to the long lines in post offices, to the lost red postboxes.

Welcome to the Art&Light Post Card Crockery Series.


 Snack platters
 Dinner Plates
 Snack Platter
 Coffee Mugs, green tea mugs, whatever you choose to call it

 It is available on the online store. www.artnlight.in - Some of the products are limited in number, so please don't get disheartened if these specific products are "Enquiry only" Please do write to vineeta.artnlight@gmail.com with your name, address and your order. We will definitely get back to you. 
Looking forward to hear what you all think about this collection. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images