Friday, March 27, 2009

Wall art in Indian Palaces.

This month I promised to do one post each day and I'm so happy that I've been able to do it. This is to say that I'm off for the weekend and I wont be around for 2 days :) And I do hope I will keep posting everyday after I come back. Sharing some quick eyecandy with you. Beautiful walls from Indian Palaces. The detailing in some of these are breathtaking. And i have always wondered at the sophisticated colour schemes the artists then used. Pure gorgeousness.

Fort Kuchaman, Rajasthan

Fort Kuchaman, Rajasthan
Zardosi and stencilling on the wall
Kuchaman fort, Rajasthan
Ante room to the Grand Durbar Hall, Samode Palace
City Palace, Jaipur, Rajashthan
City Palace, Jaipur, Rajashthan
City Palace, Jaipur, Rajashthan
Lake Palace Hotel, Udaipur
Samode Haveli, Jaipur
All images from allposters.com

8 comments:

Aditi said...

You are on a roll, aren't you? The wall art is amazing.

Gillian said...

LOve
LOVe
LOVE
!!!

You find the best...thank you!~

Shalini said...

Wow, what intricate work...and this is just from a few palaces in Rajasthan...imagine the variety of work all across India!

Sunita said...

I wonder what special gene makes the people of Rajasthan so very artistic. Or could it possibly be the aridity of the landscape that gives them more time that would otherwise be given over to cultivation?
Every time I see the artistry on the walls and every nook and corner of this land, I'm in awe all over again!

Robyn said...

Pure gorgeousness indeed! The colour combinations and the designs are wonderful.

Krista said...

Love it Vineeta! Great that you have been posting everyday! Thank you for the inspiration...

sgm said...

Hey Vinnie,

The Rajasthan Govt should give you a prize for this blog. Sooper stuff!

Shri

Saurabh said...

Hi,

Very impressive work. We would love to have your work host on rangiru. Do get in touch with us if this interests you at contact@rangiru.com.

Cheers,
Saurabh