Sunday, March 28, 2010

Georgianna Lane Photography

Georgianna Lane is an brillaint photographer who I had the privilege to discover during my BYW e-course with Holly of Decor8. I find so much sensitivity, beauty and a certain delicacy in each of her pictures. They seem ethereal and like they come from another world uninhabited by clumsy humans. You must check out Georgianna's beautifully designed blog and as you flit from image to image you will chance upon her recordings of bird songs. To see her images with the chirping of birds as a background track is an something that cannot be explained. I would urge you to experince it.


When you see this image, one of the bird songs is not far off.



I particularly like this painterly series.





For experiencing more of Georgianna Lane's photography check her flickr, and to buy her images you can check her stock photography site or her Etsy.

12 comments:

elsiee said...

what gorgeously romantic images - thanks for sharing them, I'm off to check out Georgina's shop/

Georgianna said...

Dear Vineeta – I'm almost at a loss for words – thank you so very much for featuring my work and saying such beautiful things about it. You truly made my day, and then some!! Meeting you through BYW has definitely been a huge highlight for me. Many, many thanks! xo – g

Gina said...

It is wonderful to see credit given where credit is do. Georgianna is indeed a fine photographer and on top of that, she is also a very nice person.

Sreelu said...

Vinita,

Glad to have stumbled on you blog and I am already in love...

Anuradha Varma said...

Surreal and absolutely gorgeous. I have connected with Geogianna as we are both based in the Seattle area :-) Lovely post.

pRiyA said...

Somehow the mood of these photographs seem to match with the mood of this blog as well - dreamlike and otherworldly...

swathi said...

hi,wonderful photography by georgianna.
by the way i am the new one on the block.I bumped into archana's blog recently and from there got to know you and all others.I blog about interior decorating ideas,India and Indian antiques at antiquityathome.blogspot.com.

Hilary said...

Vineeta, I am headed to Goa today then back to Mumbai on Monday as well!
Would love to meet you. Your work is stunning. Should we grab some tea or shopping? I'll be here until Friday.

Hilary said...

Vineeta, we are headed to Goa this today then we'll be back in Mumbai on Monday as well! I'd lovet omeet with you and hear about your travels. Should we have tea sometime this week?

Jardino said...

Isn't Georgianna brilliant! I have also fallen under her enchanting spell, and delight regularly in her delicate, light and refreshing flowers photos!!

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

beautiful and dreamy.Thanks vineeta

kendalee said...

I could not agree more - Georgianna has a gift and I never fail to leave her blog feeling like I've experienced magic! Beautiful.