Zaheer's & Indira's colourful, idea filled home

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

This is a home I go to often. To celebrate happy times or just to spend some time when things are not great. Home to 2 people whom I really admire & love, Zaheer Mirza and Indira Rangarajan. Zaheer is an old friend, my ex-boss and one of the most talented and creative people I have had the privilege to know. If I have seen anyone who lives every moment of his life, whose head is full of ideas at any given point in time, who has the craziest sense of humour and is one of the wisest and most inspirational men I've met, it has to be Zaheer. His & Indu's is a home full of bright colours, brighter ideas and a lot of love. I'm excited because you will get to see some really cool conversions, as erstwhile stoves and kite spools shine in their new avatars - without saying much more - lets just see the happy place.
I love the solid colour palette.
Zaheer and Indu are both voracious readers and this book filled home is testimony to that.




Please look into the mirror & see Happily Unmarried's clothes peg & further, you will see milk measure spoons as candle holders
Zaheer 's endless fascination for the cabs in this city finds it way into the various aspects of decor in his home.

Isn't this trunk converted into a seat neat? I love the colours, the cushion, the taxi graphics & the Bollywood Rajesh Khanna cover, which came from Indu's home.
I love the sofa with its digitally printed upholstery - printed with Zaheer's taxi illustrations
The washroom's cool quotient just shot up with these interesting lampshades - who'd look at a kite spool & think of turning it into a lamp??!!
Saving the best for the last - The stove just got a new lease of life as a funky lamp shade!
Those interested can see more pics of this home here.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images