Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New products!

Sneak peek! Finally a whole bunch of ideas I've had for the last year got made this past week. Its been exhilarating working with my painters and carpenters and finally putting finishing touches to my products, as they sat outside my tiny office drying and attracting all sorts of attention from passers by. Just packed a WHOLE load of stuff off to the Nine Lives exhibition venue today and after a week full of nights with not more than 3 hours of sleep, I am peaceful. Sharing with you guys a few behind the curtains scenes & a few of my new products. I hope you like them as much as I do.
This is breaking tradition & sharing my most favourite picture 1st instead of last. The scene outside my office at some 2 am I think. My painter also took a picture of this on his mobile :) I loved the way these trays and alphabets (yes alphabets!! so excited) look all ready to be worked on.
That was outside, this is inside - net net - no place to sit or stand. Products products every where!
I have wanted to make alphabets for forever now. Finally they are a reality. I am so kicked :) This is just a sneak peek. Will share all the pieces I made. Not all 26 just a few words. More in my next posts.
I also finally got around to making drawers. And this one has poetry on it ( like the piece in my home) only this is a much smaller version. This is how it looks .

This one was absolutely last day, last minute. I thought I wouldn't do it for this exhibition, but in the morning the design I hated the previous night started looking much better & this came into being. My mom loves this piece.
These are part of a new series of triangular mirrors. Some have design & some typography on them. Available in many colours, will share the whole range later.
"If you can fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of run" Kipling on my mirror. I also thought it is a great reminder when I see my face in it, to actually fill my time with worth.
A glimpse of one more drawer with my Rajasthani Jaipur design on it. Yes that's all my stuff drying in the background. I told you the onlookers & passers by had an eyeful.
Looking forward to a good exhibition, keep your fingers crossed for me. Will go and catch my 2 hrs of sleep now.

32 comments:

Sans! said...

I love every single piece especially the last one!! I will be in Delhi and Jaipur early next month. Do you have a shop in this area?

D said...

This is gorgeous, love the mirrors and letters! Of course love the rest as well but those are my fav. Good luck with your exhibit!

Kanika Bahl said...

Beautiful!! Love your work! All the best!

SuhaelAmrita said...

Beautiful Vineeta! The Rajasthani drawer is a show stopper. All the best for a successful exhibition. Are you exhibiting in Mumbai?

Mohua/http://godindesign.blogspot.com said...

Lovely stuff Vineeta! I lusted after all the pieces!! Is there any place in Mumbai where I can browse and buy them?

Maheswari Janarthanan said...

love it :)

small talk said...

where do i get to buy these??? i cannot come for the exhibition... :(

Leela said...

Great stuff Vini! All the best for the exhibition.

Amrita Tripathy said...

Hey vee,

Firstly congrats on that big, expresswala ventures with ur exhibitions..i hope it went well and will go great (if some are still in queue)

i love the rajasthan drawer the most..! :) thanks for sharing

Bedazzled said...

gorgeous stuff! good luck !

boldface said...

wow! Everything's so Good! Love your work!! my favourites are the poetry drawers and the mirrors :)

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

Love the decoupage drawers. Your pattern mixing is so much fun! Sometimes when we're running on sheer adrenalin, 3 hours a night is quite enough! Good luck. Sell lots and lots.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love the poetry drawer.

Swirly said...

Beautiful!!

Madhu Gopalan said...

Vineeta - you are just too cool! This is awesome stuff - i *LOVE* the drawers and that side table - so girly and pretty - i want right now :)

All the best with the exhibition - I hope you do really well and have a blast :)

Shruti Sethi said...

Hey Vineeta. all these images are simply gorgeous! the alphabets, hair stories, triangular mirror, and the rajasthani drawer.. gorgeous! Luv ur work. wud luv to see u in mum.

Shruti Sethi

Emreen said...

All the very best with the exhibition... !!
Luv the alphabets..and the triangular mirrors.. However the decoupaged rajasthan drawers ( last pic) is soo beautiful....Lovely selection of prints used... on those...

brinda said...

wow!!!they all look gorgeous!(the alphabets r particularly stunning!)
all the very best to u!!

Shanthi said...

lovely stuff!!!! All the best.

chandra said...

This looks serious eye candy! wonderful and wobbly! thanks for sharing this with me!


New Product Questionnaire Template

Miss Stovetop said...

Love love love the alphabets :)

rinks said...

gorgeous vineeta....all d best....all ur stuff is super-duper!!

minal desai said...

Hi there,
saw your stuff at the ahmedabad exhibition. ... it was really really nice !! adn your blog is even better !!
count me as one of your ardent fans !!
love
minal

silvia Navarro said...

you´re so cute!!!
beautiful post!!!
love it!!!=P
xx

वर्षा ऋतु said...

hi Vineeta,
these drawers r toooo beautiful.
and those boxes..

hey sweety, i do read ur blog, but not regularly.

hey photography sense is really adorable.
would u shoot PLAY CLAN STORE at bandra.
here is the website

http://theplayclan.com/store/index.html

i am not the marketing person for above shop... but just when i saw this website, thought u'll express it more creatively with those beautiful snaps.

G. Ni. said...

Awesome work! All the best with your exhibition. Do you teach/give lessons, I would love to be your students.

G. Ni. said...

Awesome work! All the best with your exhibition. Do you teach/give lessons, I would love to be your students.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vineeta, I m from bangalore & looking for some cool fridge magnets here. Can u suggest any stores or online stores?Plssssssssss.- RAJASREE.

vineeta said...

Sans, I don't right now, but you can contact me if you want a specific piece.

For all of you who enquired - just write in to me @vineetanair2222@gmail.com to purchase the products.

Huge hugs to all of you for loving it!!

Anonymous, I have friends who have just launched & who make the happiest fridge magnets ever. watch this space, will tell you more about them.

~Undercover Diva said...

i love your stuff - everything is so gorgeous! my favorite are the rajasthani drawers :)

Liz said...

every thing looks aMAZing! I most especially love your decoupaged drawers they are completely gorgeous!

ajay gajjar said...

hi, I am regular viewer of your site and read all your posts. your works are wonderful. I also liked your travelshow programes presented on NDTV goodtimes. I would like to know much about your decoupage process. how you do that....just a curiosity to know...... Ajay Gajjar