Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thank You!

I had no intention of posting today. But the is the last day of 2008 & I can't let this year go by without saying a bye to a year which gave me so much by way of learning, without saying a thanx to all of you, whom I've gotten to know across the year, without being grateful for your work cause that has taught me so much and maybe even changed me. This is my gratitude post. And the 107th post since this blog began. Last month I touched over a lakh of page views.

Its been one year and 4 months since 'artnlight' came into being & I'm happy to see I'm loving it as much if not more than when I started off. There was a time in the middle when I just didn't feel like making my usual posts and was just creating these designs & that's all I had & I gathered the courage to post them up here. I have made friends and I have shared and I have learnt. But more than anything what this blog & each one of you who read this have given me is myself. I am comfortable & happy with what I do here. And I have got so much appreciation that it is truly humbling.
I'm going to do one Oscar thank you speech and I'm going to mention person by person each one of you who I would have never met otherwise & who have made this journey special for me.

Holly from Decor8 because of whose phenomenal blog this blog exists.
Archana from Rang-decor who continues to inspire me with the way she lives & sees & photographs.
Akshay from Trivial Matters for being ridiculously young and ridiculously talented.
Claude Renault whose way of looking at India permanenlty changed the way I see her.
Peggy from Creative Influences for being a friend and for being an inspiration in the way she just does what she loves continuously.
Sas from Interior Inspiration for blogging the way she does & for being peaceful.
Calie Anderson from NoheaLookbook for being an inspiration in the way she lives life & does what she wants to - no holds barred.
Bhumika for giving me my 1st blogging award and for each of her comments here. She totally 'gets it'.
Nihar Mehta from Tribal Route the 1st decor shop I posted on, for being the brilliant & energetic guy he is.
Aradhana Nagpal from Dhoop for having dreams & making them come true one by one.
Hemant Anant Jain for being the creative and human powerhouse that he is.
Bhavna from an Indian Summer for blogging with such love & style.
Prashant Bhardwaj for his kickass photography & for hand-holding me through my entire camera buying phase.
Melissa Bell from HT for featuring me in Hindustan Times' Livemint.
Masala Chai for unerringly spotting amazing work & featuring it.
Meghna Punter from Arth & Nithya for being so talented & sharing it through her blog.
Embellisher for being talented fingers of the year.
Anil P for writing the way he does & popping in every now and then with encouragement.
Jess Gonacha for being an inspiration in the way she lives her creative life.
Krsta from Luminous Life for being super interesting.
Felicia from This Time Now for having a zest for life & lust for learning & a fabulous eye.
Angie from Studio Wellspring for having a brilliant & diverse blog & for being a complete doll.

And thanx to each one of you who isn't mentioned here. Thank you for stopping by, for commenting, for 'following' this blog. And thanx to all of you who don't 'follow' or comment but still come back to read this space every once in a while. This blog and all you guys mean much to me. BIG HUG! :)
And here's looking forward to a spanking new 2009 filled with loads of inspiration, work & happiness!

33 comments:

Munna on the run said...

Thank you for this lovely blog. And your kind words. Have a great new year.

Paavani said...

thats such a generous way to thank. I liked the collage card of blogger friends.

Wish you a very happy new year!
Cya in 2009 with more writeups :)

~ ॐ ~ said...

You are a darling !!!!

thank you Vinnie the Pooh :)

vineeta said...

Hemant, I'm determined to have a phenomenal year & I wish the same for you as well :)

vineeta said...

Paavani, thanx for stopping by and commenting. The way I feel about all you guys, this is not much at all. and yes, 2009 will see me far more regular with my posts :)

vineeta said...

Ditto Prashant, You are welcome :)

megha punater said...

thank you vineeta,this is grand of you.will always be waiting for your super posts.
enjoy your new year

vineeta said...

Meghna, not at all :) this is the spirit of blogging and the way each of us works. We put put so much of ourselves out here & you more than anyone else knows it :)

Krista said...

Happy New Year Vineeta! Thank you so much for including Luminous Life in your post! Wishing you and your loved ones all good things in the New Year!

bhumika said...

Vineeta, you have definitely one of the most creative people i've met on the blogosphere. It takes a lot of passion and commitment to do what you have been doing so effortlessly with this beautiful blog. And no, i'm not writing this cos u've mentioned me for the comments :P i say so from the bottom of my heart :)

Hope you continue draw inspiration in the coming year. And if possible, we'll surely meet up this year! :)

MASALA CHAI said...

Hey Vin, thanks for the kind words and have a brilliant year ahead. Meeting you and Arch online was truly a special 'blog' moment for me!

Cheers & much love,

Pavitra

vineeta said...

Krista, you are most welcome & I wish you the same- a rocking new year!

vineeta said...

Bhumika, what a lovely thing to say, and I most definitely think it will be a great idea if we can meet up this year :)

vineeta said...

Pavitra/Masala chai, its ditto for me as well. Its great to be continually inspired by what you guys do.

Arch at Rang said...

Let me add a line here too:-)

Thanks for that lovely mention. Looking forward to loads of posts this year!


ARch

Dee said...

This carries the essence of your artistic bent of mind, such a beautiful aesthetic thank you note!!! Thank YOU for making our lives so colourful and bright. (Your post on my blog is such a boost for my spirit! Left a reply right after)
Thanks and best for 2009.
Dee.

Komal-Nishka said...

Hi Vineeta,

Thanks for stopping by at Lifealicious. Coming to your blog, I have realised the good comment about my blog is coming from a talent house and tht indeed is flattering :)

Keep visiting and posting.

Wish you all the best for 2009

vineeta said...

Diti :) will mail you about how we can work the post out :) And Thanx sooo much for the nice things you just said :) I'm super happy!

vineeta said...

Archana, thanx for adding you line here too :) Yes, I must get to posting now, its 4 days down the new yr already!! :)

vineeta said...

Komal, 'talent house'! I'm grinning ear to ear. I hope I prove to be the talent house u seem to think I am. But thanx & yes I'll keep posting & dropping by every now & then :)

Fernanda R. Lima said...

Wow.. so many talented people.. in so many ways.. and all over... your blog is a true inspiration.. tks for making me discover beautiful and new things here.

Namaskar!

Fernanda

vineeta said...

Fernanda thanx for dropping by! The internet is a phenomenal place to continually find inspiration and amazed me endlessly too :)

Twilight Fairy said...

welcome! :)

err.. from one of the ones who arent mentioned here :P

vineeta said...

Priyanka!! I had no clue you read my blog! Thanx much for popping in & saying so :) yes, the thank u is for u too :) Keep reading!

Dee said...

Vineeta, a surprise (I hope, pleasant) waiting for you on deezden. Thank you!

~mE said...

hey thats a lovely post..happy new year and keep posting in your lovely blog i love it

Gunjan Pai said...

n here's a gratitude comment! thank u for making this blog - i have no words 2say how awesome it is. n no words either to say how much i have already started missing u - this is the only and the worst part of my new move!!!

vineeta said...

Sharanya, wish you the same & yes I will keep posting, but I am already breaking my New years resolution by not posting till now! but you'll see me in action soon.

vineeta said...

gunj, you wont miss me cause I'm not going anywhere- we will be in touch contantly & keep working together cause we do that so well. It will all work out :) and yes, i miss u as hell too :)

Peggy said...

Dear Vineeta! Happy New Year to you! Thanks so much for the thanks. It means so much to me. Even if you don't hear from me, know that I am always lurking here and at flickr.

I have made a resolution to be more creative this year, i.e., to write and paint more. And, of course, blog more. And to comment more. This is one of the sad things I have found with my very, very job - that I don't have as much time as I'd like to visit all of the blogs that I love.

Great job and looking forward to a more adventurous, creative new year!

vineeta said...

Peggy, you are most welcome. My resolutions are similar to yours & more power to the 2 of us! :)

Bhavna said...

Hello Vini! I am blog hopping through my fav blogs after the longest time, and am loving all the goodness you have put have in the meantime. And thank you so much for the mention - means a lot to me! :)

Here's wishing you a colorful, exciting and truly magical new year! I hope we are able to meet up this year :)

vineeta said...

Bhavana, I'm glad you saw this :) I too am going through a phase where there is just NO TIME to blog. So I perfectly understand. And yes, lets hope we catch up! I just LOVE Delhi & won't loose any opportunity to come :)