Monday, July 21, 2008

Eucalyptus- the Hyderabad Decor Store

This post is a live example of my ample procrastinating abilities. Shruti & Shaila of Eucalyptus wrote to me way back in April about an exhibition at their store & that's when I checked out their site & was like- WOW, these guys really know their work- I have to feature them. And guys today the day has finally arrived!!! Ok, now that I have advertised some shameful inside stories, we can get on with Eucalyptus and how cool they really are.

"So how does a Champa tree that you pass by without a second glance or a simple Peepal leaf so commonly found in every other street corner become an intimate part of your life? Eucalyptus bridges the gap and brings in the outdoors into your day-to-day lives."
I'd love to go to Hyderabad one day & soak in this airy ambience. "The browsing experience at Eucalyptus is real time. You know how exactly that cushion would look on your couch. On display are real world bedrooms, dining area, walls etc all outfitted with Eucalyptus products."








Part of the beautiful Pipal collection
They have these amazing Indian design themed collections like: Sheesham, Champa, Pipal, Chaupad and Jharokha to name a few.
"The Jharokha design collection: The prominent arches (windows) of Hyderabad comfortably adapt themselves onto textiles as runners for tables. The colours are catchy, tracking back their genesis to the saffron of Biryani and turmeric in the curries. The arch window narrates tales of abandoned monuments, now housing stray birds and cats. Just right for Heritage hotels and ethnic Indian homes!"


"The Chaupad inspired collection: The ancient dice game of India has inspired the rich blue Mangalgiri runner embroidered with kantha. Interestingly, one can actually play on it with cowries and wooden gotis. Ideal for a clubhouses or guestrooms where you are meant to play and unwind!"

And this is just a peek into the amazing design and decor world of Euclyptus. Their site is a pleasure to navigate. The people behind this amazing show is entrepreneur Asha Reddy & the designer duo Shruti and Shaila. And like how all it needs for a match is to strike the right surface, the three came together to ignite this warm magic that is Eucalyptus. How I wish these guys were in Bombay.

24 comments:

Lola said...

I love the exquisite color combinations! Do you know if any of their products are available in the US?

indianyarn said...

The good just keeps coming .. it can never be enough

vineeta said...

Lola, I don't think so, but I can definitely check & who knows your question might change somethings & maybe Eucalyptus may want to consider selling online if not overseas :)

vineeta said...

Indian yarn, I did think of you & your passion for the Indian fabric when I posted. I knew you will love their work :)

Elisa Day said...

Glad you liked the pictures! They are from France. I have some more colourfull pictures in my new post. I love the last pictures in you post with those beautiful coloured fabrics

Bhavna said...

I had the same thought when I first saw their collection...why aren't they in Delhi! ;-)

Hope you are doing well!

vineeta said...

Bhavna! long time no see :) and for me its been a long time since I have really blogged, so I guess thats only logical :)

vineeta said...

Elisa, I love colour wherever I see it :) I must check out your new colour post :)

bhumika said...

Just one word - WOW! i love the way the most simple elements like the jharokhas and leaves are used in their designs. Thanks for sharing this :)

vineeta said...

Bhumika, you must check their site, theres so much more of their work there and yes, it is WOW :)

Chandan said...

such gorgeous stuff... this is a real find Vineeta... hopefully they will open in other cities soon too..

Charlie said...

AHH!! Gorgeous! Everything is so cheerful, stylish and beautiful! Love, love!

Priyanka said...

I wish that they were in Bombay too!! :(
Such beautiful colors and variety!! And the store looks so welcoming..
Hmm...Will have to schedule a trip to Hyderabad..
Oh, blogrolling you btw..

megha punater said...

amazing collection,cant wait for my next trip to India to do a bit of shopping.

sonal said...

vineeta.. gald to have bumped into your blog..
a real amazing collection of artworks.. and simple but honest deisgn...

Eucalyptus design store has a great collection.. esp the pipal designs.. the animal cushions, the basic leaf motif,.. do they sell anywhere in mumbai.. or i guess i'll have to make a trip to hyderabad...

vineeta said...

Chandan, thanx a lot they wrote to me about and thats how I saw them, but I do hope they expand to other cities they will do rocking business :)

Gunjan Pai said...

lovely:)love the chaupad the best:)india has just so much history, its amazing

vineeta said...

Charlie, yes, love love is what I feel too :)

Priyanka, So many people feel like taking that trip to Hyderabad sooner now :) & thanx much for adding me to your blogroll :)

vineeta said...

Megha just come fast :) there are so many options in so many cities :)

Sonal, so many people have expressed an interest in Eucalyptus's amazing products, I hope they are listening :)

vineeta said...

Gunj, what I loved is the interesting way in which these guys have used the history & given it a contemporary design twist.

Wendi said...

I am so glad I found your blog. I was doing a Google search for "smiling" and found your print with the Nacht quote in about smiling. It's so beautiful. Then I jumped to the current page of your blog and saw all the amazing pictures, but especially fell in love with the fabrics and linens in this post.

I've been in love with Indian linens and design ever since I was a little girl. I live in the US and I currently work as a graduate admissions person for, of all things, computer science. Many of the applicants I work with are Indian. I get so excited when I see something online that I recognize from their appliations. Nothing personal of course, but maybe the city of the institute they attended (like Hyderbad)(spelling?).

I have a friend who is from Southern India. She just recently went home and brought me back a beautiful scarf. The next time she goes home I'll be sending her with some more money and pictures of what I want her to pick up for me *lol*. I'll have to keep reading your blog to see what other fabulous finds India has to offer!

vineeta said...

Wendi, was delighted to read your comment :) It always amazes me to see so much love for Indian art fabric and culture. You are most welcome to keep dropping by here, I daresay you will find something new every now & then :)

kavitha said...

oh wow. i live in Hyderabad and havent been here.
i will def check them out.

Shalini said...

this store looks too tempting:) i am a total home-decor-stuff freak and one day hope to own a house i can furnish in the way i have always dreamt of... thanks for sharing this vinneta...

love the colours and concepts... hopefully shud be able to visit hyderabad soon for this:)

Hugs
Shalini
www.craftcurry.com