Thursday, October 22, 2009

My 1st hand-painted tray

This is the 1st tray I designed & painted. All the others came after this one. I don't have pictures of the earlier avataar, but it was a lime green and yellow one with such tackily painted leaves that each time I saw it I itched to give it a new look. So one fine day I just pulled out my paints and brushes and started. Sharing a few pictures of how I started and how it finally looks. I'm no great artist but what the heck- I had fun :) I was using a brush after more than 10 years.
I have a fondness for lotuses & prayer flags, so they had to come in.
Filling colour into the petals- it looks incomplete...
So I carried forward the stripes from the blue into the yellow with an intricate but very simple pattern. And added clouds over the prayer flags. It still looks incomplete...So the cloud moved up to spread acrossAnd the stripes climbed further down to cover the edges of the tray.
And now I'm done!
Its really thanx to the internet and blogging and artists like Jessica Gonacha & Dithi Chakraborthy that I even thought of trying something like this. Check their work out- its sooper inspiring (just click on their names).
Coming up next are some new decoupaged tray designs that I just finished making.

23 comments:

Rolfe Bautista said...

wow that is lovely. I especially love the rounded patterns that you put in there :D

Devi said...

Loved it...

ArtPropelled said...

Vineeta, your tray is lovely and the prayer flag design is so effective. Wow!

Dithi said...

Vineeta,

The work you have done is so pretty, rich in colour and so full of detail. Love the finesse of the intricate work, needless to say your sense of colour and design shines through in each of your pieces.

Very generous of you, thanks for the mention. Looking forward to many more peices!

Aarti Badamikar said...

pretty pretty!! loved the colors and the detailing. sooper che!!

Anaka said...

Oh but you *are* a great artist! I liked the painting at every stage, although I liked the part with the prayer flags best in the very first stage. How is your work at Bliss doing?

Liz said...

This tray is SO very beautiful! I loved your other ones, but this handpainted one has something so special about it... Gorgeous!

Preeti Menon said...

vinche, did you use acrylic for this? looks lovely! you are a great artist!

Veda Murthy said...

Brilliant work Vin!!!!

Krista said...

So flipp'n cute~ you multi-talented mama you! Love your artistry.
xo~
Lumineaux

vineeta said...

Rolfe, Thanx so much, coming from you its such a compliment :)

Devi, thanx!

Robyn, Thanx! I saw the prayer flags 1st in Jessica Gonacha's work & I loved it so much I drew them out as well- so the credit really goes to her.

Dithi, Thanx so much, you are the one who is generous with your appreciation- I TOTALLY LOVE your work.

Aarti, Thank u thank u :)

Anaka, thanx so much! The stuff at bliss is selling & I've just delivered a 2nd batch of trays to her :) so far so good :) Thanx for asking

vineeta said...

Liz, Thank you so much for saying what you did, even for me this tray is so much more special- it takes a lot more of me & my time to make a tray like this than the other ones. So thank u for calling it special.

Preeti, yes I used Acrylic paints & both of us know the work my uncle and your Father-in-law does- compared to that this is so kindergarden :)

Veda, thanx so much!

Krista, thankkkkuuuu :)

Shillu said...

Vineeta - Love it. I love the colors:)

Preethi Prabhu said...

Wow!!! Great Job.. Looks Amazing...

bhumika said...

Back to the blogosphere after almost a week. And what a fitting start. To say that it's beautiful would be an understatement!

Shalini said...

Loved seeing the process of it being made. It's a work of art :-)

The Ketchup Girl said...

eachtime i see your creations I am stumpted! Such talent. Are these on sale?

Sunita said...

I love this! And I'm totally fascinated by the step-by-step photos. For someone who hadn't used a brush for 10 years, you've done a fantastic job. I can't help but wonder at all that untapped potential.

Smita said...

Its so cool! How did u get the tray?

Smita said...

Its lovely! How did u get the basic tray?

Anna M. Rosete said...

Fabulous! Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Super stuff girl!!!
shitu

suresh said...

Dazzzzling designs,great works.....