Eduardo Recife

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Today is the day I get to breathe between two spells of super hectic activity. I'm learning a new way to live- where I used to do twenty things in a day, life has suddenly decided I must do 42. Well. I ranted, complained, and then decided all of that is a waste of good time and energy & my new tactic is just to quietly do do do do. Oh, so now I need to do 62 and not 42? no, I'm not scared, bring it on. And I will DO.
In the same spirit, I have decided that I will blog irrespective of my crazy job list and I hope the powers that be are listening. Today I feature Eduardo Recife from misprintedtype.com. His layered, many patterned work strewn with hand-drawn squiggles has completely caught my fancy and his FAQs in the 'about' section of his site makes for really interesting reading :)

One of the title visuals on Recifes site. Isn't it beautiful? And I've just realised that for 2 posts in a row my 1st visual is a horse ( I wonder what that signifies ;)
Map of the interior world. I love the juxtaposition of shapes, geometry, pattern and visual.
What Recife says about his site : "Misprinted Type is online since 1998. It is my playground! It started at first as a way to simple distribute the fonts I was creating back then. Later on I decided to also put some collages and drawings... Today Misprinted Type is where I put my ideas together, either in the form of a simple text, a collage, a drawing or a typeface. Everything you see here is my personal works and projects, there is no client, no brief, nothing... Call it design, illustration, art or a waste of time, for me its a theraphy, a hobby and what makes me happy."
Give to get back
Secret
Bright Side
Truth
Dream

Where did hope go?

For NewYork Times: Generation OMG
His drawings are to die for.
You must check his site for the details on this one. 'Whatever it meant to be"
Heal
Nada
Queen of hearts
Destiny

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images