Interviewed on Once Upon A Tea Time Design stories.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Had to share this with all of you. Many of you must be familiar with the visually stunning blog & magazine called Once Upon a Tea Time...Design Stories. For years now we have all enjoyed the steady stream of eyecandy that Priya Iyer serves up in this space.

Last week I got interviewed on skye, so yes its an audio interview and you will actually hear my voice. In this whole business of being an entrepreneur, you are so busy doing what needs to be done, that there is not much time to reflect on it, on your journey, and how far you have come. I am very grateful to Priya Iyer for making me stop and asking me those questions that are so pertinent.
It is 37 minutes long, so like Priya says, sit with a cup of tea & biscuits. 
What was so amazing was speaking to the creator of Once Upon A Tea Time Design Stories, exchanging our experiences of blogging and getting to know her a bit more. Speaking and connecting real time on skype - desite the different time zones, gives us such a beautiful sense of the person. I loved meeting and speaking to Priya. 
You can listen to the interview here:
While on the subject of entrepreneurship, I've got to be honest and say that the one feeling that has been consistent is that I wish I had known that I will always have to be ready to see myself as more that what I am - You need to be armed with an "I am enough" attitude. Because more often than not what stops you or scares you is going out of your boundaries of who you think you are and who you think you are not. Eg: "I am a creative person and I'm not good with finance". If something like this is strongly engraved in your mind it just wont serve you. "I don't know packaging, logistics/ adminitration is not for me." All of these are just labels and notions you have made of yourself. As the owner of your brand all of this is your business. The point is not to scare off the creative people reading this post. The point is that I have had all the above notions and they didn't help me. The point is I have made my peace with this very necessary aspect of being on your own. To take complete accountability of what I do, whether financial, administrative, marketing or creating products or packing and shipping it out well and on time, with all of this, the buck does stop at me. And if i say I have a business and that is Artnlight - then all of this is very much my business. The sooner I accept this, the sooner I can begin to start bringing in my care and love to that aspect. Without which the business will just not be whole. I'm still on this, reminding myself everyday that all of this needs my impartial attention and care. Those of you who run their own businesses probably resonate with it & it will be wonderful to hear from you your take on this and your experience of how you deal with this. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images