Tuesday, August 10, 2010

'Ordinary Sparkling Moments' Arrives!!

Brace yourself people, this is going to be a long post & it is a story of the wonders of blogging, the internet and my journey as an artist-blogger. Infact its going to be so long & I have decided to split it into a 2 part series. I have been a fan of Christine Mason Miller from the time I started blogging. She was one of the 1st artists I discovered through decor8 who blew my mind. (You can read my previous post on her here). Her work & her words were an important part of my artistic & personal journey. My friend & I had printouts of her work on our soft boards in office :) So imagine my happiness when I saw her on Facebook & asked politely to be connect, as I was such a huge admirer of her work. To my surprise she not added me but wrote to me saying she loves my work. That I was amazed and humbled is putting it mildly J there was no looking back from there. To cut a long story short, one of the most exciting results of this connection was that she made me a book fairy for *Ordinary Sparkling Moments* her book that has inspired me hugely & i was officially part of her brilliantly conceived and executed 100 Books Project. A Book Fairy typically places the book anywhere & waits for it to get picked by a random person, but in my next post you will see I didn’t really do it that way. In our correspondence, I had already requested her if I could buy a copy of her book Ordinary sparkling Moments & if she would autograph it for me. I will never forget the day her book arrived in my house. All wrapped up in pretty blue & brown paper & with my address written in her inimitable handwriting. It was one of the most moving moments from me as a blogger and as an artist to hold her book in my hands, go through the colourful, inspiring pages. And in more ways than one it was a milestone in my journey as an artist.




When I 1st saw Christine’s work I was an advertising art director whose dreams of quitting and doing my own thing seemed very far away & not really practical. And this book was one of the things that inspired me to reach today. My next post will be about being a Book Fairy & the amazing recipients of the brilliant book Ordinary sparkling Moments.

7 comments:

Kamini said...

Awesome Vineeta! Way to go! You so deserve it!

ArtPropelled said...

I'm intrigued about the book fairy and am thinking of ordering Ordinary Sparkling Moments thanks to your enthusiasm.

GB said...

Vineeta, I just spent some time exploring the book fairy...hadn't heard of it earlier and I love the whole concept!!! thank you for sharing, I think I'd really like to read her book now!
:)

shilpa said...

such a lovely read, I read it again :)

waiting for the next post!!!

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

wow..thtats fabulous!

Swirly said...

Teary...thank you lovely one. THANK YOU.

Aarti Badamikar said...

Awesome!!!