Shelly Kommers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Shelly Kommers' art is just the kind I love. Graceful collages with the power of handpainted, and my favourite elements - butterflies, birds and typography all bound together with a bit of whimsy and sometimes with a bit of thread. But it was her blog that really got me, this woman has so much personality and good energy. And then I read an interview of her's at Jess Gonacha's Peccanoot & completely fell in love with her.

If I ever make something as beautiful as this, i can curl up and die in peace.





I *LOVE* the stars, the bit of pink and the thread below the birds feet, don't you?

I haven't seen a brighter happier or more energetic Mandala

This one is just so beautiful with the layered lettering, the lines in the middle and the dear little cluster of yellow stars- and did you notice the tiny home and trees?

The yellow strings coming out like rays is so neat!
isn't it lovely that the string come down & sweeps up towards the flowers?


*LOVE*

And this is where she works from. It has so much heart, this space.
And if you want to buy her art here's her Etsy shop.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images